Penn State and the University of Cape Town (UCT) signed a broad institutional agreement in May 2011 to pursue a long-term strategic partnership that would link the two institutions academically through our tripartite mission of teaching, research and service. This builds upon several ongoing collaborative programs between the two institutions:
- In BioBehavioral Health, with both research collaborations and opportunities for undergraduate study abroad.
- In climate change research and in capacity building workshops.
- Collaborations in Geography teaching a field course in environmental justice and partnering in a study abroad program (Parks and People) in the Eastern Cape (see the Parks and People program description for more information).
- Faculty exchange and joint teaching of courses in Law
- Collaborative research, joint teaching of graduate courses
Return to Partnerships page